- Tech Team Role Introductions (including Lead Tech, Gradebook Guru, and Webmaster)
- Help Desk Procedures/Changes
- Software Procedures
- Website Unblocking Procedures
- Computer Lab/Cart Procedures (management and student computer assignments)
- Tech PD Staff Survey (for suggestions on Tech PD for the upcoming school year)
Welcome Back HHS,
We hope that you have had a relaxing summer. We have, once again, scheduled times to come into your classroom and meet your beginning of the year technical support needs. We appreciate your patience during this process, and ask that you complete your hard copy yellow ticket to communicate your needs prior to our upcoming visit. This is just a temporary process. We will transition back to using the Help Desk after we make our initial rounds.
You will find a classroom visit schedule, a letter with more detailed directions about the process, and the yellow ticket in your mailbox when you return on Monday. Please read over this information carefully.
Important Note: We will do our very best to stay on schedule, but there may be special circumstances that require time flexibility. We will keep you informed of any changes in advance.
Signing In (Entire Hopewell Email + Password)
GMAIL Access on Your Phone
UPCOMING GMAIL AND CALENDAR TRAINING:
A more in depth session on GMAIL and CALENDAR features personalized for HHS will take place on August 29th.
UPCOMING SESSION ON HHS TECH 101:
Detailed documents concerning HHS Tech processes and resources for the 2016-2017 school year will be distributed to all staff during our HHS Round Robin.
As always, we both look forward to working with you to make this an INCREDIBLE school year!
Vince and Sommer
Please click on the link below to access our HHS SOL Review Tools Padlet. Feel free to check out the resources provided as well as add your own tools, tips, and techniques that you use for your students.
Many of you have amazing ideas that the rest of the staff would love to know about. You can attach videos, website links, text, and pictures to share with the entire staff on our padlet board.
Phase III consists of the following:
- Completion of the TSIP Checklist of Requirements (blue card) (including dates and initials). I have the official blue card copy in your purple folder. However, I will am attaching a sample copy that you can use as a reference to check off what you have already completed before you write on the official one.
- 1 Copy of your Teacher Certificate that proves you have met the Educational Technology Standards (should be stated on your certificate). If met, you can skip over one part of your checklist (see video below for details). If it is not stated on your certificate, you will need to prove that you have met certain requirements. Some of you have already provided me with a copy. I will need a copy in my mailbox or dropped off in my office no later than April 14, 2016.
- 1 informal tech walk-thru conducted by your ITRT observing the use of technology in the classroom. I plan to do a short informal walk-thru between Tuesday April 12, 2016 and Thursday April 14, 2016. Please refer to the Next Steps section to choose one of the three days for me to do a walk-thru.
- One final meeting between you and your ITRT to fill-out and sign your OFFICIAL TSIP Checklist blue card before it is sent to Central Office. Please bring your sample copy with you so we can just transfer the information. (Deadline: April 15, 2016)
- TSIP Checklist Video Review
- TSIP Completion Checklist Sample Copy
If you missed our Google Training Part II Session on February 11, 2016, please go through this online make-up tutorial at your own pace by clicking on the link below. Attached, you will also find the Google Training Individual Tech Record Sheet that you will need to sign and return to me upon completion of the tutorial.
You will receive 1 Tech credit hour for this make-up session.
All tutorials and resources can also be found on the Menu by clicking on GAFE.